Did you know that being happy is an essential requirement for you to live a long and healthy life?
Most people believe that if they work hard enough, slave away to bring home the big bucks, and then live in a mansion filled with physical possessions (and a hot partner) they’ll be happy. But this is so far from true.
Happiness begins within, and it blossoms without.
It starts by following your passion – whatever it is, seeds by sharing and assisting your gifts with others, and fruits by allowing you to experience complete freedom in everything you do.
THAT is the goal for all Bloom for Life readers – to experience a life you love by following through with social entrepreneurial pursuits, doing what fuels you, and assisting the world long-term by giving back in a positive way.
And what better way to start than by recognizing (and being thankful) for the little things? You do matter – and these 40 facts & tips for happiness may just inspire you to take a bit of action today and start making your dreams a reality:
40 Facts That Will Likely Make You Happier:
1. Your shoes are the first thing people subconsciously notice about you. Wear nice shoes.
2. If you sit for more than 11 hours a day, there’s a 50% chance you’ll die within the next 3 years. (Positive note:Get moving!)
3. There are at least 6 people in the world who look exactly like you. There’s a 9% chance that you’ll meet one of them in your lifetime.
4. Sleeping without a pillow reduces back pain and keeps your spine stronger.
5. A person’s height is determined by their father, and their weight is determined by their mother.
6. If a part of your body “falls asleep”, you can almost always “wake it up” by shaking your head.
7. There are three things the human brain cannot resist noticing: food, attractive people and danger.
8. Right-handed people tend to chew food on their right side. (So true!)
9. Putting dry tea bags in gym bags or smelly shoes will absorb the unpleasant odor.
10. According to Albert Einstein, if honey bees were to disappear from earth, humans would be dead within 4 years. (Note: Be grateful for the bees!)
11. There are so many kinds of apples, that if you ate a new one everyday, it would take over 20 years to try them all.
12. You can survive without eating for weeks, but you will only live 11 days without sleeping.
13. People who laugh a lot are healthier than those who don’t.
14. Laziness and inactivity kills just as many people as smoking.
15. A human brain has a capacity to store 5 times as much information as Wikipedia. (Well that’s positive!)
16. Our brain uses the same amount of power as a 10-watt light bulb!!
17. Our body gives enough heat in 30 mins to boil 1.5 liters of water!!
18. The Ovum egg is the largest cell and the sperm is the smallest cell !!
19. Stomach acid (conc. HCl) is strong enough to dissolve razor blades!!
20. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day & while you walk, SMILE. It is the ultimate antidepressant.
21. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
22. When you wake up in the morning, pray to ask God’s guidance for your purpose, today.
23. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
24. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, broccoli, and almonds.
25. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
26. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
27. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
28. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
29. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Forgive them for everything!
31. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
32. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
33. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
34. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
35. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: ‘In five years, will this matter?’
36. Help the needy, Be generous! Be a ‘Giver’ not a ‘Taker’
37. What other people think of you is none of your business.
38. Time heals everything.
39. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
40. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. Each night before you go to bed, pray to God and be thankful for what you’ll accomplish, today !
43. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
Do what you love, LOVE what you do!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
ACE PT, ISD, is a skilled healer, plant-based chef, and writer passionate about sharing vibrant living resources and healthy cuisine with the world. She is the founder of Bloom for Life, is a talented author who has published several books and resources, and is passionate about helping every individual attain vibrant health so they may experience positive transformation and thrive. You can see more from Amanda at bloomforlife.org